Thursday 4 September 2014

Reading sample

WALT:  respond.

Description:  This term we have been responding to a range of articles/stories and we realised that the way we were responding was difficult for anyone else to understand.  We have been practising writing our responses in full sentences so that anyone who reads them understands us.

Task:  Read the article “La Tomatina” and answer the questions below.

1.  What festival is held in Spain every August?
The festival that is held in Spain every August is the La tamotina ( tamato battle ).

2.  What do people do during the festival?
They throw tamato at each other and get Very messy.

3.  How many tomatoes are used in the most epic food fight ever?
They used 100 thousand tamato and they where very ripe in the epic food fight every.

4.  When and why did the festival start?
When it started it was on a Wednesday August and why they want to have some fun and meet up.

5.  Would you like to visit Bunol, Spain on the last Wednesday of August next year?  Why or why not?
I don't want to go to that festival because I don't want to have tamato clothes and you have to travel all that way.

Criteria:
I can answer questions using full sentences (I steal part of the question to put in my answer.)

Evaluation:
What are you most proud of and why?
That I challenge myself to move away from my friends and find a qiuet place to work and not getting distracted.

What challenged you the most and why?
That I had to restarted my work and finish it in one day.

Feedback/Feedforward: Very good Jake it's funny on the 3rd I did the same answer.# Houston

2 comments:

  1. I can see you have used full sentences to answer the question and understand what you have read. Spain is such a beautiful place and to take part in a famous festival is something special. I sure would travel there if I had the money. James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your responses Jake! Congratulations on challenging yourself to not get distracted by yourself...that is showing self agency in your decision making - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete